By slavelaborsux - 29/08/2011 23:59 - United States

Spicy
Today, it was my first day on the job as a first grade teacher. One student pushed another, so I asked him to apologize. His response? "If you boss me around, I'll tell Daddy you touched me somewhere you shouldn't have." I think I'm now this kid's slave. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 774
You deserved it 3 901

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buttsexpirate 9

I'd report that little shit to his parents. Don't let him boss you around or else more and more kids will follow and you'll be miserable. Stand up for yourself!

Is it me, or are children getting less and less respectful at a sickeningly fast rate?

Comments

SILVERSTAR_6 17

lmao wow...kids these days..seems like the younger they get is the less respect they have for elders..

lolitroll_fml 0

Dont let a kid treat you that way take some action.

Hannahrayne 0

That's one kid I'd like to know lol

Why is everyone saying crap like "kids these days have no respect" and the like? This is one example of a kid doing something bad, not proof that all kids are bad. Sure, there are bad ones, but just like there are bad people from any branch of society. If you hear of a woman who killed someone, do you immediately say, "Oh, women these days, they're all a bunch of stupid murderers"? It's funny how society has always had a way of making people who can't voice their own opinions look bad. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all children should be treated like adults, but at the same time, there are many adults who don't deserve to be treated like adults. Everyone should be treated with the same amount of respect until you're sure they don't deserve it. TL, DR: STFU with your "kids these days" crap.

What if every woman I've ever met murderd my dreams? What then?

It's actually true, sorry. I say this as someone who does volunteer work every week with kids, and my mum and both my in-laws are teachers. Yes there are still lots of good kids out there. But 50 years ago no kid would have dreamt of threatening a teacher with a sexual harassment allegation. Actually I don't think a 5 year old would have dreamt of threatening a teacher at all. If you were able to graph the respect levels of 5 - 10 year olds from 60 or 70 years ago and compare them with the respect levels of 5 - 10 year olds these days, I'm quite sure you'd find a decrease in respect.

I think you may have misunderstood my point, perhaps I didn't express it clearly enough. I wasn't saying that there aren't a lot of children who behave in a highly inappropriate manner, I was saying that it's unfair to imply that because there are children who are disrespectful, children are disrespectful in general. It's stereotyping in the same way that racism or sexism is stereotyping, you're implying that people who are not seen as "normal" members of society (children in this case, women in the case of sexism, or people of a different skin colour in the case of racism) are all exactly the same, and all behave in a manner that is socially unacceptable, because of similar traits which are unrelated. Basically, it's ridiculous that people who would be angry if someone said that black people are (all) drug dealing rapists or women (all) suck at doing anything but cooking (and I assure you at least some of them would be, as they should, of course) are here complaining that (all) kids are disrespectful. Stereotyping is stereotyping, and although my opinion may be considered drastic, not too long ago the opinion that women aren't useless at everything but cooking and cleaning would be considered pretty drastic too. I'm not sure why I bothered to type all this, I'd be surprised if anyone reads it, but whatever, I feel better for saying it...

Oh, and since I kind of got distracted and strayed from what I meant to say in the first place, all people have become less respectful in the last 70 years, it's probably a result of the massive amount of freedom people (including kids) have to say or do what they want these days. 70 years ago, if what you said wasn't expressed in a specific manner, or didn't fit with what was considered "acceptable", you were ignored. It stopped a lot of people from being asshats, but that doesn't mean it was better, since it meant people were unable to express themselves.

OManILoveWebsite 1

Mr_Alarm, are you a teenager on the autistic spectrum?

No. You just get a hold of the fathers number and notify him, first >;D

It's a first grader, just try to out smart him

Tell the Principla and call his dad to set up a meeting to talk about what he said. Then say you can't handle that type of attitude in your class room

iluvcandy 7

Tell the principal and if nothing I done tell the parents