By Anonymous - 28/07/2015 15:18 - United States - Milford

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me over the phone, after having left me to look after her dog while she went on a 2-week vacation with her family. Now I have to choose between paying for a kennel for her damn dog or taking care of it every day until she gets back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 167
You deserved it 2 448

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just take it to one of her closest relatives and tell them they'll have to take care of it until she's back because you're leaving.

Not stealing - taking care of it for an indefinite periode of time :)

Comments

If she's not your GF anymore, the dog isn't your problem anymore. OTOH, if you think y'all might work it out, don't do anything rash.

She left you...so leave the dog...I know it sounds inhumane but you are no longer with her so the dog is no longer your priory...

FalloutScrolls 25

The dog did nothing wrong and certainly nothing worth being abandoned for. So yes, what you seem to be suggesting sounds terribly inhumane. Why punish the innocent?

Axel5238 29

It is because it was left in his care. So he is responsible to what happens to the dog and can be sued over it or depending what he does charged with animal cruelty if he abandons the dog and taking to a pound would also get the OP in trouble.

NachoCandy 10

put that bastard into a kennel

FalloutScrolls 25

Take care of the dog. Be the better person about this whole ordeal, have a drink or four(if you're old enough), and do your best to put this behind you. And just think, 2 weeks from now is the last time you'll have to deal with that burdensome, cowardly bitch.

Take it to a no-kill shelter and say it was a stray.

Ted_brosby 4

Put it down. Bring on the down votes.

Ted_brosby 4

Like the dog? Keep it Don't like it, leave it with food and water with only her bedroom open. It's gotta go somewhere lol

Your ex-girlfriend may be in the wrong here but the dog has done nothing wrong, so be the better man and take care of it.

Take it to the pound. Dumb of her to expect you to watch it after a breakup.