By Anonymous - 28/07/2015 15:18 - United States - Milford

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me over the phone, after having left me to look after her dog while she went on a 2-week vacation with her family. Now I have to choose between paying for a kennel for her damn dog or taking care of it every day until she gets back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 167
You deserved it 2 448

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just take it to one of her closest relatives and tell them they'll have to take care of it until she's back because you're leaving.

Not stealing - taking care of it for an indefinite periode of time :)

Comments

What a bitch. Your girlfriend, I mean

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Tyjw924 3

Or you know, you could just not take care of it!

countryb_cth 38

For two weeks!? The poor dog would die a horrible and painful death. The poor thing is incont in all this, why make the dog suffer?

The dog didn't screw you over.. Be nice to it

I agree you shouldn't take it out on the dog the dog is an innocent in all this it not the dogs fault the owner is a bitch and don't give the dog chocolate that could kill the dog I think you should take the dog to your place with all your stuff and when she comes back just keep the dog

Judging by the wording of the fml, though, OP isn't really a fan of the "damn dog." Why would they keep it?

Dump the dog Its not your ******* problem

Mossyoak_kw 28

Why take it out on the dog? It did nothing wrong. The poor dog can't help it's owner is an ass.

You are obviously an insensitive POS. You don't deserve to have an ant farm. Let's hope evolution soon cuts out useless wastes of human flesh such as yourself.

The dog did nothing wrong, just take care of it. I'm sure you can handle this. Sorry about your relationship ending that way though.

Is there not a kennel nearby where you pay when you pick up the dog? Could take it there, tell her where the dog is when she gets back, leave her with the bill.

100 times this. As much as I love dogs, I would not want a constant reminder of a heartless ex. Make sure it is taken care of, but she pays for it.

This I can agree with. It will be taken care of, won't lose its home, but it won't be your problem.

peithecelt 28

this was what I was going to say. most kennels you pay when you pick up the dog.

peithecelt 28

this was what I was going to say. most kennels you pay when you pick up the dog.

The dog didn't break up with you, don't take it out on the thing. Call her up and figure out a different arrangement.

Awkward....this wouldn't be kind to the dog, but you could accidentally let him "get lost". She shouldn't expect you to do her a favor after breaking up with you, especially over the phone! Any decent person would do it in person...

And a "decent" person wouldn't just let a dog "get lost."