By Anonymous - 28/07/2015 15:18 - United States - Milford

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me over the phone, after having left me to look after her dog while she went on a 2-week vacation with her family. Now I have to choose between paying for a kennel for her damn dog or taking care of it every day until she gets back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 167
You deserved it 2 448

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just take it to one of her closest relatives and tell them they'll have to take care of it until she's back because you're leaving.

Not stealing - taking care of it for an indefinite periode of time :)

Comments

Why would you have to pay for a kennel? It's not your dog. Let her post the kennel. The dog is being looked after, you are leaving the dog in good hands, plus this is not your problem.

bnbhimp 10

Shave "My owner sucks" into his fur. Just kidding. If you like the dog then take care of him untill she gets back and take up your issues with her. If you really don't want him around, tell her SHE needs to make other arrangements or you will. But no matter what, don't put the dog in a dangerous situation... it is of course not the animal's fault.

nightfall8705 33

Key word here: choose. You can choose to not give a shit and tell that bitch on the phone that she "better be on her way home to take care of her own damn dog" or you can take it to a very expensive kennel (with the works!) for a doggie vacation. You generally don't pay the kennel until you pick up your dog, so go all out. Let her find that her dog had a vacation too, and she has to pay up. The kennel would be the better option, as the dog can't really help that it has a shitty owner.

Can't you pay after your board them? If so, give them your ex information and tell her where the dog is.

flychicc 13

No you drop it off at her house. Leave it in the front yard or on the front step with some food and water and let her know that you have done so. You agreed to take your girlfriends dog, not your ex's dog.

Some kennels take payment at pick up!

TomeDr 24

Put the dog in a kennel, pay the bill and then send an invoice to her parents when they come back. You might not get your money back but at least you'll have a clear conscience.