By Anonymous - 28/07/2015 15:18 - United States - Milford

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me over the phone, after having left me to look after her dog while she went on a 2-week vacation with her family. Now I have to choose between paying for a kennel for her damn dog or taking care of it every day until she gets back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 167
You deserved it 2 448

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just take it to one of her closest relatives and tell them they'll have to take care of it until she's back because you're leaving.

Not stealing - taking care of it for an indefinite periode of time :)

Comments

Let it free. If it loves her, it'll come back to her.

I would text her, tell her you left the dog at a shelter. Tell her they will euthanize the dog the day before she returns. Keep the dog until she returns. She will be worried and will not enjoy her trip.

ep1186 7

Maybe I am confused. I have lived all over the U.S. and I have 2 dogs myself who have been kenneled and I have never had to pay for a kennel beforehand. You always pay when u pick up the dog. So I am not seeing why you can't take him to a kennel (make it an expensive one if you want) and when she gets back tell her where to pick him up. You're not a jerk and she learns a valuable (and expensive) lesson in being a decent person.

Take it to an animal shelter and have her pay the fee to get her dog out.. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ she deserves it..

Relf 19

Ey man dont take it out on the dog it aint his fault

Take it to the pound and give them all her info. Get written proof of what you told the pound, have them sign it. When she comes back she will have to get her dog and pay all their care fees. If she doesn't, she doesn't get her dog. Law can't do anything about it because, technically, you'd be doing the responsible thing.

A pound isn't a kennel. They aren't there to babysit animals, most times they are already full of animals as it is.

First, you're a wonderful person for still taking care of the innocent dog. Second, WHAT A ****. Who the **** puts someone in this position? For both you and the dog. Luckily you have a soul and are still making sure the dog is alright, but you very well could have been one of the many nasty people out there and have taken your anger out on the poor dog. This girl is terrible to do this to you, and for the risk she put the dog in.

oakcrush 16

Mail the dog to where she is vacationing.

Ted_brosby 4

OP's fault for even agreeing to keep it in the first place

Okay, you're probably a troll, but I'll bite. How on God's green Earth does agreeing to watch your girlfriend's dog while she's out of town make you an idiot or somehow deserve mistreatment?