By ALL PRAISE TO THE NIGHT MOTHER - 29/01/2016 21:19 - United States - East Greenbush

Today, my girlfriend lost one of her rings. I found this out as I overheard her gushing to her friend about how I must have borrowed it to find out what her ring size is. I have zero interest whatsoever in the sick and utterly immoral institution of marriage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 204
You deserved it 27 621

Same thing different taste

Top comments

First, the fact that you don't like marriage doesn't make it sick or immoral. Second unless you have made it amply clear to your partner that you don't ever want to get married, they are entitled to think that if things go well, the relationship will eventually lead to marriage. Your girlfriend seems oblivious of the fact that you're so anti-marriage, so it's a **** her life from me

Then maybe you should let her know that so she doesn't keep waiting for something that's not going to happen.

Comments

My comment will probably get removed, but how did this make it past the moderators with a racial slur in the title?

merryhappy1887 20

You sound like a giant douche. Hope she dumps your miserable ass.

How is marriage sick and immoral? You can choose to not get married and still have a happy relationship, but don't call what people find so much joy in, sick and immoral.

Yes, totally sick and immoral to sign a piece of paper that signifies your commitment to your best friend that you want to spend the rest of your life with. How horrible. Do it or don't. I don't care, but to have such a hostile view of it is pretty sad.

You use the words "sick" and "immoral", OP, but I don't think it means what you think it means. I have no interest in marriage either, but damn!

Sounds like you're using your girlfriend solely for sex, you sick ****.

I don't plan to get married, but there are ways to express that without sounding like a huge neckbeard.

So do tell what is sooo " wrong" with marriage? If you font want to be married fine, but don't be a dick and act like there is something wrong with officially stating that you love someone and want to spend your life with that one person. So again, what is wrong with marriage? Hell I just feel bad for her since it seems that she actually wants to be married.