By ALL PRAISE TO THE NIGHT MOTHER - 29/01/2016 21:19 - United States - East Greenbush

Today, my girlfriend lost one of her rings. I found this out as I overheard her gushing to her friend about how I must have borrowed it to find out what her ring size is. I have zero interest whatsoever in the sick and utterly immoral institution of marriage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 204
You deserved it 27 621

Same thing different taste

Top comments

First, the fact that you don't like marriage doesn't make it sick or immoral. Second unless you have made it amply clear to your partner that you don't ever want to get married, they are entitled to think that if things go well, the relationship will eventually lead to marriage. Your girlfriend seems oblivious of the fact that you're so anti-marriage, so it's a **** her life from me

Then maybe you should let her know that so she doesn't keep waiting for something that's not going to happen.

Comments

SamMu 16

How is it immoral? I don't like the idea of marriage either but I definitely don't see it as immoral and sick.

I'm kinda curious why people who don't want to get married are all down voted. You don't need to be married to love somebody. You don't need to be married for jack shit honestly. You are the same two people before a wedding as you were after. Except now you have a ring, a paper that says congrats, and most likely a shit ton in debt. My Aunt is about 60 and isn't married. She's been with her partner for years and years now.

SuperMew 22

There are reasons to get married, but they are legal ones. It makes things easier, certainly. However, if you never want to get married it doesn't make you a horrific person.

How would they be in debt? Unless the s.o. was in debt and then just dropped that bombshell on the other, I don't see how they'd be in debt.

its likely a fake fml, the ref is in his name.

You're an idiot and I hope she leaves you.

Huh. I'm a married woman and I don't feel oppressed or immoral or anything. Didn't have a religious part of it, spent about $250 for a ceremony that was just a party to celebrate. We did it so I could get spouse insurance benefits, plus we got a break on our car insurance and taxes and the spouse privileges at the hospital came in really really handy a few years later. Also, we love each other and it's kind of nice to make a clear declaration of that to the world that people understand. It's so strange to see people on the internet going on and on about how stupid and immoral it was of me to get married. Whatever, I wouldn't change a thing, I like being married and I'm not hurting anyone.

hey, to each his own! girl if you wanna get married in a dress made of bananas that is completely and 100% your choice. marriage just isn't for everyone, is all. so don't let people that don't share your views get you down. :) either way, good for you! you're with someone you love and that makes your life a bit easier, from how you put it

Woah!!! Thats a whole lot of comments!!

ShadowLor 19

I don't particularly care for marriage either. If I truly love someone I don't need a piece of paper to sanction that. My relationship is real regardless. Be that as it may, I'd love a follow up on this. Have you told her your stance and she just doesn't care? Is this something that's never come up before? HAVE you been leading her on? As one of the apparently few sympathetic readers, I'd like to know more, and why you don't care for marriage.

gene Simmons and Shannon were together forEVER...have two grown kids together even...and they just recently got married. his whole life he felt similar to this. he only recently changed his mind because of his age and he really did not want to lose Shannon.