By somebody - 08/06/2012 23:13 - United States - Lexington Park

Today, when I was laying in my bed, I looked on the opposite side and saw a spider the size of my palm staring at me. And if that wasn't bad, I found out it hops. I still can't find it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 366
You deserved it 2 088

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh shit! This is giving me the ******* shudders....

You opened your eyes before you counted to 20 AND you can't even find him? I wouldn't be surprised if he just left, you're the worst hide and seek player ever.

Comments

I seriously hope you have very small ******* palms. If not, count yourself lucky that you didnt have a heart attack, like i would have.

if i see a daddy long leg im parinoind for a week if i saw that i would litteraly move out of the house

this is terrifying. yep. I have goosebumps for you. sleep on the couch.

IdfkMyUsernamexC 5

At this point I don't think the couch is safer than the bed.

Ahhhh! ..your mission is to find that ****** and kill it! Killll ittt!.

mckibabe 7

Why would you write this? I was going to go to bed, but I don't think that's happening anytime soon.

Arachnophobia much? I used to catch a lot of insects when I was younger, including spiders

Now where did I explicitly or implicitly say that spiders were more afraid of me?

Arachnophobia ******* sucks. The first time I saw a massive spider I was 9... Nothing could have prepared me for the fear that I felt next.

Yeah, I'd be moving out of that house. I don't even like small spiders, so if I saw one that big, I'd be freaking the **** out!

It's the size of your palm and you still couldn't find it. WOW!

I'm pretty sure spiders that size don't hop. So that leaves 3 options. 1. The spider was smaller than OP described it to be. 2. OP dreamt the whole thing. 3. MUTATED SPIDERS OHGOD WE'RE GONNA DIE OH GOD OH GOD

justhanging 6

#42 I think you mean camel cricket. Camel spiders mostly live in the desert.

I 100% agree. OP lives in Maryland. The only indigenous spiders we have that could be palm sized are female black and yellow argiopes (orb weavers). They aren't going to be hopping, and they prefer the outdoors, so they probably wouldn't be wandering into people's beds. OP probably dreamed it.

Spider crickets/sprickets would look like a spider however, and they have very long legs and are good hoppers. They are harmless though if it helps.

Spider crickets are also called sprickets, cave crickets, and camel crickets as 119 said. Not to be confused with camel spiders which live in deserts. Completely different creature.

I would never come near that bed *shudders* hope you find it OP! Wouldn't want something like that walking around my house if I were you.