Too late

By Anonymous - 27/10/2013 23:46 - United States - Paramus

Spicy
Today, I got married. My husband and I had been waiting until marriage to have sex, and when the time came, we started to undress. As I took my bra off, his eyes glazed over, and he fainted. An hour later, all he could say was, "I don't think we're meant to be together." FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 404
You deserved it 9 609

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ApollosMyth 22

Wow, that is very shallow of him.

flashback.miss 28

sounds like you married a boy, not a man. but, on the other hand it could be nerves, talk to him. hopefully he was joking...

Comments

This is totally your fault. Sex is one of the most important parts to a relationship. What were you thinking. People that what till their married to relieve this side of themselves deserves what they get. I guess your getting a boob job if you want to keep him.

saraitkddh 47

you really deserve someone better than this shallow man

Kind of points to why "waiting until after marriage to have sex" is an antiquated notion. If you actually believe marriage is a commitment rather than something disposable, then wouldn't you think it would be smarter to know all you can about the other person (sexually and otherwise) before walking down the aisle?

addioty 19

It's mainly religious beliefs. Although I'm not waiting until marriage to have sex, I am a Christian and realize that many of my fellow Christians do wait until marriage.

numberswoman 14

Bet you tried on your dress and shoes before your wedding, should have tried him on, too! You'll know next time. I'm assuming there will be a next time anyway.

While everyone is entitled to their religious and moral beliefs as long as they don't hurt anyone else - I think that it is class A stupid to get married before you have had sex with your fiancé. If you have never had sex together how do you know you are compatible? Sex isn't everything, but it is an important component of the emotional glue that holds couples together.

This is why you never wait until marriage to have sex. That's like buying a car without test driving it first.

I'm really sorry, sweetie, but this is why you always test drive a car before you buy it. As others have suggested, it's quite possible he's gay and just realized it. Or his head has been filled with so much poison about women (religion can do that, ya know) that he couldn't take seeing one.

If he waited this long, he still may not be ready. Talk to him, but you may be waiting quite a while.

To all the people saying that op deserved it for not having sex before marriage, you all lack respect. OP and her SO made the decision to wait, none of you have the right to comment. The FML here is that he fainted as she undressed and then followed up saying, "I don't think we are meant to be together." Show some respect in her choices to wait, it takes a lot of dedication and will-power to resist the temptation in today's era. It was most likely nerves followed up by extreme embarrassment in the fact that he fainted. This doesn't mean he is shallow at all, at least not from what you have told us. Talk to him and figure things out. My SO and I have yet to have sex and we are engaged and have been together for over 2 years. We have great communication and aren't nervous to talk about our personal sex lives. Communication is far more important than sex, but sex is a big part of a relationship. OP, and anyone that makes the same decisions, ignore anyone that says you should have sex before you get married, do what you feel is right! It is your decision. Let him know you still love him and wanna try again if he is willing.