My house, my rules

By Bondi414 - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my dad made a new house rule: "If it's yellow, let it mellow; if it's brown, flush it down." My whole house now smells like piss. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 693
You deserved it 2 807

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In this land of sun and fun, we do not flush for number one.

That awkward moment now that everytime you flush everyone knows you were pooing ......

Comments

My one flatmate does the same. One of the reasons I'm glad I'm moving...

VannaLa 7

Leave tampons in the yellow, see what he thinks about that.

Lol that's our camper rule so we can save water and sewage room!

I'll admit to being a skeptic. We have a similar rule but we flush it once we start to smell it from sitting down on it, which takes quite a while, and it rarely does so before either mom or I go number two. If it "mellows" enough to stink up your whole house, you might want to go to the doctor about why you're not going number two for so long.

This. We have the same rule, yet our house doesn't sink. Probably because we close the toilet lid and aren't constipated like 99% of people, so the toilet gets flushed before it starts to stink. Who cares if some people think it's gross? It helps the environment and that to me is more important then avoiding disgusting some people. People should at least try it before assuming it's going to stink their house, if it does cause odors then just start flushing it again.

JessicaSki 12

It's a good rule to live by, and it's very unlikely that your house will smell bad before you flush it. I agree with #190

That's the rule in my house. Why waste water? Why be ashamed of dropping a deuce? Everyone does it.