Promise

By thiswouldhappen. - 17/03/2009 02:19 - United States

Spicy
Today, my dad gave me a promise ring on my one-year anniversary with my boyfriend and made me swear I would wait until marriage. Four hours later, he walked in on us having sex in my bedroom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 676
You deserved it 265 814

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why do parents think a ring will convince their dear daughter to keep her leg closed? it never works.

And that is why you don't do it in your parents' house.

Comments

Words_rule 0

I hate promise rings. They suck, just on principle.

permission2laugh 0

nice way to break your dads trust in you

I'm certain he wasn't surprised. All girls are hobags now, it's "cool". Quite frankly it makes me sick, and I don't know how to pick a wife out of this nasty bunch.

jrkwaddd 0

Today, I gave my daughter a chastity ring for her one year anniversary with her boyfriend. She had promised me under my wishes that she would wait until marriage to be having sex. Four hours later I saw her porno labeled "Chastity inside my ass!" FML

blarg9 0

dont make promises you know your going break!!.....idiots

zanzibar_fml 0

what would mickey mouse think about this one... haha, i completely support you violating the promise ring.

You promise your dad to not have sex until your married and you can't even lock the door when you're breaking that promise four hours later? PROPS.

lifecanbecruel 0

you are some kind of idiot.

MaCherie_fml 0

Agree with #61. I'd personally rather wait for marriage. Though, I'm agnostic, so it's a personal decision rather than a religious one. And I wouldn't go through with that "purity ring" ceremony shit, either. If someone *chooses* to partake in something like that, then that's his or her decision, but my mind may change in the future and I'm not going to make a promise that I may or may not be able to keep. Either way, I don't give a shit about anyone else's sex life, so I don't see why anyone would care about my lack thereof. Regarding OP's situation, both of them deserved it. True, I can understand a Christian father's desire to protect his daughter from pregnancy, STDs, and "sins of the flesh" but making her take an oath like that is ridiculous. It's her decision, not his. And unless "purity ring" is a new code name for some weird-ass, hard-to-get-out-of chastity belt, it's (obviously) not going to stop her from having sex if she wants to. Parents like that need to understand this, and focus more on protecting their kids by teaching them about safe sex rather than abstinence only. As for the OP...I'm not even going to go into detail over how stupid that was. Better luck next time.