Promise

By thiswouldhappen. - 17/03/2009 02:19 - United States

Spicy
Today, my dad gave me a promise ring on my one-year anniversary with my boyfriend and made me swear I would wait until marriage. Four hours later, he walked in on us having sex in my bedroom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 676
You deserved it 265 814

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why do parents think a ring will convince their dear daughter to keep her leg closed? it never works.

And that is why you don't do it in your parents' house.

Comments

YDI for making that promise. should have told him you didn't believe in that stuff. but FYL because i think i can safely say there were some consequences after he found you guys together.

Whyd you leave the door unlocked stupid

I am very impressed with all the comments! I expected a bunch of comments from catholics condemming her for having sex, but the majority of them are pretty open minded about sex!

nickler_fml 0

Ur a gay ****** who sleeps with dilldos in bed a your boy firend the even biger **** sucker u both like a ten year old dick in your mouth that likes my big ass dick and super sized balls u ****** fagit **** sexual now ur a fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag super **** sexual fagot

CDL21 0

You're a dumbass. Go somewhere else and get laid or at least when your parents arent home

dramakat11 0

Why does our society still embrace the ridiculous idea that all sex is somehow "sinful?" It's normal and healthy if done safely. If I ever have children I will talk openly and honestly with them about sex and relationships and let them have sex when they feel they are ready. Everyone makes mistakes when they're young; the best thing you can do for your child is to impart them with the knowledge that might help them have healthy relationships.

endurancefan212 21

I'm religious, and I don't think having sex is "sinful," it's having sex before marriage that's the sin, which is why I'm waiting. Sex is a perfectly healthy, natural thing, but look at all the drama it causes when done before marriage; meaningless sex, one night stands, drunken sex, stripping, unwanted pregnancies, STDs, and often familial relationships which are shoved aside because of relationships. I believe it's better to wait until marriage, when you're in a committed relationship with someone who you're going to be with forever, rather than a boyfriend you're going to have for however long. *also, marriage in my culture and religion is considered sacred, there's no turning back unless in extreme cases*

ziqi92 0

i'm only saying ydi bcuz u did it AT YOUR HOUSE. seriously u might wanna think b4 having sex...

Ouch. got to love bad timing! And #175, your grammar totally sucks.

ha, i love the irony. the dad should know that promise rings are bull!

killabee 0

Haha! I think when someone suprises you with a promise ring that is bull-shit. Maybe if you had said "hey dad, I wanna wait.." then he had bought it for you as an attagirl, then fine. Otherwise he is a dumb-ass. Getting caught though, ouch..