Promise

By thiswouldhappen. - 17/03/2009 02:19 - United States

Spicy
Today, my dad gave me a promise ring on my one-year anniversary with my boyfriend and made me swear I would wait until marriage. Four hours later, he walked in on us having sex in my bedroom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 676
You deserved it 265 814

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why do parents think a ring will convince their dear daughter to keep her leg closed? it never works.

And that is why you don't do it in your parents' house.

Comments

good on you. promise rings are for people who can't get laid. or for dumbasses.

Not saying I waited for marriage, but if I was your dad you'd probably have been sent off to a convent and they'd never find his body. I know its a weird double standard, but from a parent's point of view its a little different.

h8crewdeathr0ll 0

I agree that all this parental manipulation is childish and selfish. Parents should be guiding their children, not being manipulative dictators coercing their children to do whatever makes the parents happiest. OP, It would have been better if you could have said "no" to your father, but it sounds like he didn't give you that option. #121: Firstly, "Ho" is short for "*****" which means someone who gets paid money to have sex. OP was having sex with her boyfriend - therefore is not a "ho". Secondly, are you really saying you want to pick a wife that doesn't want to have sex? That's not nice. Please stay unmarried and don't inflict your perverted and misogynistic attitudes on some poor unsuspecting woman. Go back to your cave.

There's always "doing it" behind the dumpster lol

Aww, I would be so heart broken if I was in your father's shoes.

latereflex 0

if ur a dude; haha awesome if ur a chick: Ewww *****!

Chocolate_Chunk 2

If you're a dude: **** you If you're a chick: **** you