By Anonymous - 29/08/2015 11:28 - United States - Manhattan Beach

Today, I caught my girlfriend cheating on me. Now she's threatening to kill herself if I don't forgive her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 980
You deserved it 2 119

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KeannaLove 32

I will never understand how people can take suicide so lightly. She sounds like an awful person all around. You're better off OP.

Comments

This is going to sound harsh but you have to cut ties immediately. If she goes through with her threat, it will not be on you and you should not feel bad for her. She chose to cheat on your and any further actions she takes are her own.

Go ahead and break up with her. She's probably not serious, and if she is, the world's better off without her.

Throw her at the other man, she's his problem now.

Tsukiyomi 16

Okay so basically it's not going to work out. Ik my story isnt your story but still. 3 years ago I cheated on my ex boyfriend and that was a mistake. It really was. I was an idiot. So anyway I was head over heels for him at that moment and begged him for his forgiveness. Which him being as amazing as he is gave into after some persuasion. So we were on and off but I was reeeeeeeally into him. Like a lot. But then a year ago I messed up again. And well this time I didn't cheat on him but like there was this guy and I didn't really like him but like well I admired him a bit. And we went to this summit thing together from school, to a different country. And my ( at that moment ) boyfriend didnt really want me to but I still did. And that hurt him a lot. And there were a few more things but skipping those, moral of the story: we dated for 5 more months after my trip. But things were different. And well it felt like I broke him to the point where it couldn't be undone. And I never wanted to hurt him but Im just very good at messing up. Even when I tried I messed up. So we eventually broke up ( on good terms and we're still really good friends ) but Im really happy cause I finally realize that making him stay with me was just hurting him and that inturn was making me miserable. So it did'nt work out for anyone. So maybe try forgiving her and don't hold a grudge but do slowly break it off cause it will save you both 3 years worth heartache. Okay wow this was long. Sorry ?

Threatening suicide and self harm is aform of control and abuse. Walk away from the situation. If you're afraid she will follow up speak with her parents or such. This is a manipulation tactic