By A Henderson - 25/04/2012 20:50 - United States

Today, I had to explain to a potential client that I wouldn't represent him, because suing his neighbor for calling him a pansy would get us laughed out of court and likely get me disbarred. His response was to get violent and threaten to sue me for violating his civil rights. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 189
You deserved it 2 254

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should sue him for getting violent and messing up your office. And then you should sue him for trying to force you to take a frivolous case. And then you should sue him for threatening you!

I'm willing to bet this guy is old. Old people just have a natural thing for complaining. We give them a nice retirement home and a phone call once a month, what could they complain about?

Comments

I hate it when people just want to sue things constantly. It's not reasonable and it demeans the court and law system. Don't blame the lawyers; blame the people suing!

XxblueyyxX 3
kay_princess14 7

I guess the answer is 2 sue everyone

Deltajoel 0

Damn ABA model rules and FRCP Rule 11!

Tell him to find another lawyer. It's your right to refuse if you feel the case isn't worth it.

that sounds like small claims who needs a lawyer for that! and who sues for that anyways 0_o

It's not just the teenage population being disrespectful to the elderly. the baby boomers also contribute by forgetting about the older generation.

FarscapeSDC 9

I don't think that teenagers are solely to blame. Most old people haven't done anything to earn my respect, nor have most young people. Getting to the age of 70 and not getting hit by a bus doesn't automatically entitle you to respect. Doctor's, yes; scientists, yes; old people who demand respect just because "They've seen some things" or "They've been around longer than you young people" Yeah? well I've seen some things and I've been around longer than teenagers, where's my respect? If old people want my respect, they should have a better reason than "I'm old"

SueP_FL 2

god bless you for being an atty. i've been a paralegal for 22 years, and you couldn't pay me enough money to be an atty. efff that. kudos to you dude or dudette :)