By futuremum - 22/03/2012 17:14 - United Kingdom - Bristol

Today, I had to yet again tell my mother-in-law that I wasn't going to name my unborn baby "Ermintrude" after her late mother. My husband told me to stop being difficult, and that he agrees that it would be nice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 372
You deserved it 2 576

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ermintrude is a name that you joke like ethelburga not one you name a child, they would be teased.

Comments

That poor child!!! & poor you! I can't believe your husband thinks you're being difficult. To make your husband & mother-in-law happy you could just use that for a middle name. Or give them a first name for a middle name & just call them by their middle name.

Might as well call your kid Gaylord, Cocksucker or Wanker etc!

So tell him to carry the baby for nine months and then push it out and then he can name it Ermintrude, if anything just use it as a middle name.

Wow... She has nothing to do with that baby other than related. She gets no say. Smack your husband around a bit and put her in her place. You name that baby whatever you like. Hubby doesn't matter either. ;)

Maybe he's going agreeing with her so she'll shut up? If not, you might have a spineless husband. Sorry OP, you might want to start standing up for the sake of your unborn child.

And people thought my sons name was weird. Lol

perdix 29

Your boy will get beat up daily on the playground or your daughter will end up a spinster crazy cat lady.

That's like my mum with my sister. She Is obsessed with the name "Darcy" and wanted one of her four girls named it, she said no. So now my mum looks at me like she expects the immaculate conception to happen and a Darcy to appear lol. Too bad, I hate kids!

voiceofreason2 0

Talk much before conception? Maybe discuss possible names, thoughts on your future- you know, act like adults?