By ohgodwhy - 20/04/2012 20:24 - United States

Today, I spent hours baking an apple pie to impress my future mother-in-law. I was especially proud of the fact I'd made the crust and filling myself. When I served it to her, she picked off the crust and, between mouthfuls, bitched that it was nothing like canned pie filling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 577
You deserved it 2 097

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think cyanide may be a good ingredient to add next time you make one for her... But jokes aside, don't bother making her anything, she'll never like anything you cook.

If she stuffed herself then you know she liked it. It might take her a while to admit the same.

Comments

maxamus951852 3

it might be 10.. even though your eyes fill them your eyesockets are "holes"

luckyd880 12

All OP needs to do is find out her favorite restaurant and meal from there. Get where I'm going? :) Order it, bring it home, serve. Pass off as your own. If she doesn't notice and thinks its "terrible" then you can call her out. Muah ha ha ha. But if she catches you on it your SCREWED! Ruuuuun! If all else fails, promise to name a kid after her, that may make her warm up to you...or slip you meds to make you sterile....who wants kids anyways right?...

I, personally, am of the opinion that, attempting to decipher a terribly spelled comment, is good boredom relief. But that's just me :)

#23 practise is a verb. practice is the noun. It has nothing to do with American/British versions.

I'm having the same issue. My future mother in law drives me crazy.... I'm half tempted on not marrying because I don't want to deal with her or that family! - ugh -

^ I sympathize, my in-law mother was a bitch who supported her 2nd husband being drunk and abusive. My wife's and my answer to this was easy: We won't tolerate this behavior towards us, so you have two choices. Put him in an inpatient program for alcohol addiction and grow up, or don't contact us again until you've done the first option. It's been 4 years since then and nothing's changed. They don't even know their own grandchildren. :p IMHO, I believe your hubby-to-be needs to support you here and together, you two need to talk to his mother as a united couple about respecting and tolerating each other. You can't live with being constantly ragged on her entire life span and the sooner you nip this, the better. I mean, if you're already half-tempted to leave as it is, what have you got to lose? :)

But that would be waste of a delicious pie!

Well then she's just a bitch. Nothing you can do about it. Not to mention she's a dumb ass for preferring canned filling. Hopefully your fiance is smarter and less bitchy than her.

Unless you grew the apples yourself with your own blood, sweat, and tears, IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. HOW DARE YOU.