By ohgodwhy - 20/04/2012 20:24 - United States

Today, I spent hours baking an apple pie to impress my future mother-in-law. I was especially proud of the fact I'd made the crust and filling myself. When I served it to her, she picked off the crust and, between mouthfuls, bitched that it was nothing like canned pie filling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 577
You deserved it 2 097

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think cyanide may be a good ingredient to add next time you make one for her... But jokes aside, don't bother making her anything, she'll never like anything you cook.

If she stuffed herself then you know she liked it. It might take her a while to admit the same.

Comments

Canned filling sucks. It was a compliment

These are the kinds of people that really piss me off, next time just give the b**** canned peas

screwmewithafork 7

Meh. Mothers in law are NEVER satisfied with who their "little boy" is going to marry. Don't take it personally. Just be proud of all the effort you know you put into that pie :)

how can she not take it personally? even if she ignored it this time, eventually the MIL will "break" her. she shouldnt have to deal with that forever, and i hope her husband doesnt ignore it. if her MIL doesnt change, relationships will be strained. unless the girl is a total turd, and the MIL has a reason to be a beyotch, which i doubt.

custmwoody9 4

Props to you for trying! Doesn't sound like she was worth the effort!

Y U use that creepy profile pic?! The moment i read your comment joking about penis getting cut off, i was disturbed.

Y U no use less disturbing profile picture?!

Hope she choked on it! Stupid cow, no thought about all the time you spent on it...

emmap_fml 0