By BeforeItWasCool - 30/09/2012 09:30 - United Kingdom

Today, I took a pregnancy test. I was disappointed it was negative, as my fiancé and I have been together for four years and have a strong relationship. He danced with happiness when he discovered the test was negative and tried to high-five me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 500
You deserved it 27 251

BeforeItWasCool tells us more.

BeforeItWasCool 12

Wow this seems to have been misinterpreted! It was unplanned, I was entirely surprised by it. We hadn't planned on kids- if it had been positive it would have been an accident. I was just quite happy to have such a nice surprise even if it did turn out to be negative. I was quite disappointed it was negative, not because I've been secretly trying to get pregnant, but because I was pleasantly surprised. It just seems my fiancé was a little too enthusiastic about the negative result.

Top comments

perdix 29

If he's your fiancé for four years, that means he's still not ready to commit. A baby would probably force him to marry you, something he's been avoiding for years.

cradle6 13

^Nailed it. From the wording of the FML, it seems like OP wants to get pregnant without her fiancee's consent. And if that's true, what the hell is wrong with you OP?! Just because you have a "strong relationship" doesn't mean he wants kids. Furthermore, if he doesn't want kids and you do, do NOT get married to him. Those irreconcilable differences.

Comments

Holy crap OP, are you brain-damaged? What gives you the unilateral right to decide whether or not you have children with this guy, or anyone, for that matter? Especially if he clearly doesn't want them? You have absolutely no right to dump responsibility on someone like that. You sound like the crazy kind of woman who pokes holes in condoms and then says "NOW WE'LL BE TOGETHER FOREVER" when he finds out. YDI, btw, he has every right to be thrilled he doesn't have to waste either his time raising kids with you, or child support because you decided you wanted to sit back and have someone else pay for your idiot offspring.

You're an idiot. You can't "decide" if you want to be pregnant or not. It just happens. If you could choose to be pregnant, there would be a lot more happier families in the world, like people who can't have kids. And, as OP has stated many, many times already, IT WAS A SURPRISE. She wasn't expecting to be pregnant. She had talked it over with her fiancé, and they BOTH want kids, just not necessarily right now. Honestly, I think even the stick up your ass has a stick up its ass.

No, it doesn't just "happen". Please ask your parents about "the birds and the bees". Before you're accidentally a parent too.

I'm a lesbian anyways, so that doesn't really matter. What I meant was that pregnancy can happen whether or not you're having protected sex.

Yeah... OP, you should really talk to your significant other before you start trying to have a child.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

This might be a sign he's not ready for kids.

This is getting out of hand. The original poster, BeforeItWasCool, has posted on her own fml MANY times. She has said MANY times that it was not planned, that it was a surprise. So, #112 and #114, why don't you both shut up and stop embarrassing yourselves. OP did NOT purposefully try and get pregnant without her significant other's consent. Ever thought of the possibility that the contraceptives they're using aren't 100% effective? Imagine that....I even know of a couple who were on the pill and the condom, and using both correctly (taking the pill exactly on time, for example), and they *still* managed to conceive. Accidents do happen, morons. Unless you know the whole story, stop jumping to conclusions and blaming the OP.

Gee, I'm sorry, I missed the OP's posts. I'm not scanning every FML for the latest posts every 5 minutes. Here's the thing, even if it was a surprise she should have had SOME form of contraception. If she's using one, well maybe she should have had a backup method because their one method here isn't good enough. Yes, the pill is 99% but if you're 100% not ready for a kid, you need to cover your ass just in case you happen to be that 1%.

hazardmuffin 21

You have a "strong relationship," but you clearly hadn't talked about future children if you think his negative reaction was fml worthy...

Wow. People really need to read the comments before judging the OP XD

If you are trying to get pregnant and he doesn't want to then you are setting yourself up for disappointment!!! Deceit is never a good thing in a relationship!!!!

Read the other comments, for crying out loud. Op has said many times it was unplanned.

hateevryone 14

Apparently he didn't feel the same way you felt about a baby.