By Anonymous - 16/01/2014 17:57 - United States - Springfield

Today, my 7-year-old daughter made a new game: hitting me in the groin when I'm not expecting it. She hunts me in the house, hides around corners, and behind furniture to ambush me. She'll even do it if she catches me napping. I'm a grown man living in fear of a little girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 121
You deserved it 13 073

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Must not hurt too bad considering you don't have balls to discipline and discuss your daughter's actions with her. She's 7! Come on, man! Grow a pair.

Comments

ImpracticalJoekr 9

I NEVER dared doing anything like that. If I acted up, I would get a certain look and a 'stop it!' and that was enough to strike the fear of god into me. Seriously, man up and punish her in whatever way works. She won't learn if you don't teach her.

It is my opinion that she needs a spanking, I have read ever comment and reply and, spankings are not child abuse, it is punishment. I see a lot of people also saying "You want her to stop hitting people so you hit her?" Well this is getting to be less and less true, but, if you kill another human being do you not get killed by the state? (Again, getting less and less true sadly, is the life of the man who killed worth more than the one who died? My opinion.) I was spanked till I was about 13, I think I turned out well. As for those stating (Or mostly one person saying it over and over) that she is just 7, thats plenty old enough to know right from wrong, what I really think is wrong with this generation (That I must sadly call myself a part of.) is that so many people are getting pregnant at young ages, and still growing up, they don't know how to parent correctly (There may be a few who are doing well, but most aren't.) because they themselves are still being parented. They don't like the way their parents are treating them (Spankings and discipline and such.) because they aren't old enough to see it is for their own good, so they don't do it to their kid because they see it as wrong and they know what its like (But don't yet understand it is for their own good)

Lasagnaa 24

You need to learn to discipline her. if you don't, she's gonna continue to do that to you and she'll think it's ok to do it to other people.

So wear a cup; once she realizes it's no fun anymore she'll stop doing it!

Yes discipline her but, you clearly have no idea what this means. Maybe you are one of thrse parents too busy on their phone to notice what's happening. Who maybe lets their child run riot and speak to you like shit because its easier that way. Anything for a quiet life. I would imagine your daughter is a little shit because you have allowed her to think this behaviour is acceptable. Please don't have any more children until you have learn't what to do.

In my opinion spanking is never the answer. There are so much alternatives which are effective and don't have a bad influence on the relationship between parent and child. I think anyone who studied this theme would agree.

I don't know if that was meant to be a reply to me because both our comments started with "In my opinion" I also don't know why someone gave you a down vote for sharing your opinion in a non rude way, I disagree but I upvoted you to get you out of the negatives. Does someone going to jail for a crime cause them to hate the country? (Or have a had relationship with the country, but I think that makes less sense) Spanking is a punishment for a "crime" (Disobedience/disrespect) a punishment isn't meant to just make them stop (That would be much like self defense and against a 7 year old that isn't needed.) it is to teach them right from wrong. It is to teach them that things that they don't like will happen when they do wrong, groundings aren't that big of a deal (To me at least, and most people I know.) they are just a lot more annoying and make me more upset towards my parent, example, Im not allowed on my laptop anymore? I get upset because I paid for half of it and I don't think it should be taken away from me, do I really care that my laptop is taken away? No not really, Im just pissed that it is. Will I do whatever I did to get it taken away again? Probably. Because I don't care about the laptop, take all my stuff away, all it'll do is piss me off, nothing more.

Oh no i actually didn't read your comment.. I actually skipped them all to be honest. And I know how unpopulair my opninion is for some people, but I studied a lot about this and I know what the positive and (mostly) negative effects are. Rewarding good behavior is much more effective than punishing bad behavior. For example, the mother could introduce a sticker-card. When the daughter doesn't hit her mother an entire day, she gets a sticker on the card. When she has 10 (or more/less) stickers she gets something (activity, toy). When she does play her "game" she loses 1 or 2 stickers. For me this is a positive way to teach her how to behave without hitting her and damaging the relationship between mother and child. If this was in my native language I could explain it a lot better... but I hope it's understandable.

Wow what a fun game! OP this is ridiculous, you need to discipline your child ASAP because being constantly hit in your groin cannot be good for you. She's 7, old enough to understand that what she is doing is wrong.

Its interesting to see how most people that would spank their children were spanked themselves. While i agree that punishment is nessecary violence is not solution just because we did it since thousands of years doesnt make it right or ok. If you spank your children you basically say to than that violence is a Solution. And i think that spanking leads to people that are more likley to either use violence or accept violence against others. But without any meaningful Studies its hard to prove that statement. But theres only anectotical evidence in this comment section anyway.

It is a punishment not "violence is the answer", laws are changing but in some places killing someone means you yourself also get killed, its not violence, its punishment for wrong doing.

#243 Using violence as punishment is still violence, it doesnt make it any better. Just think of Cutting someones hand of for stealing or cutting the tounge out for Lying and stuff. Sure its punishment but it really seems babaric in todays standards. Same goes for Death penalty.

People who don't believe in the death penalty make it seem like they think the life of a man who kills someone is worth more than the one who died, if you don't want it to happen to you don't do it to someone else. I doubt the person who was murdered wanted to die anymore than the killer does, if a child does wrong, spankings are the punishment that fits most "crimes" in that case. But thats just my opinion, sorry if it seems Im trying to tell you what to think.

Everybody should watch Bandura's experiment ;) Couple kids see a video of a man beating a inflatable clown-like thing (Bobo Doll), then the kids are placed in a room with all kinds of toys (also Bobo Doll). So what do they do? They beat the sh*t out of that doll. Kids learn how to behave by imitating the behavior they see

You need to discipline your child, that doesn't necessarily mean physical discipline. Try taking away one privilege at a time starting with something like TV. If she persists then you take away another privilege. Repeat until behaviour ceases.