By Anonymous - 10/03/2013 22:37 - United States - Denison

Today, my boyfriend drove me back home. My dad was sitting on the porch in his underwear, with his shotgun in his lap. He stroked the gun, looked my boyfriend dead in the eyes, and slowly shook his head. Now my boyfriend refuses to see me for his own safety. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 178
You deserved it 4 399

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There are worse things in his lap he could have been stroking.

Comments

There are worse things in his lap he could have been stroking.

perdix 29

A cat. A guy on a porch in his underwear stroking a cat is far creepier than a shotgun is intimidating. He'd look like a gay, redneck Dr. Evil.

DyslexicPanda 12

Neigh, an invisible cat. Then, not only is he a redneck evil villain, he's also psychotic. Unless he really did have a cat that was indeed invisible... then you'd just be back to evil redneck genius..

kishorekumar_a 10

When are you guys going to learn not to simply comment like that. Simply commenting "FYL", "that sucks"

They aren't going too. For every person who realises how idiotic it is to put so much effort into getting the first comment, at least two more create an account.

kishorekumar_a 10

*Simply commenting "FYL", "that sucks" & "I'm Sorry" adds no value to the conversation / comment. For some reason my WP FML App posts limited text. Just realized that (happened to 2 other comments), Sorry. By the way, this comment is from my Laptop.

IworkAt711 14

*Breaks into Team America "**** Yea"*

cradle6 13

25-You've never been to Texas then.

TxCountryBeauty 10

52- what's so different about Tx than the rest of America? Sure we're a little sweeter down here, we say howdy, y'all and darlin', we drink sweet tea and still believe in hospitality... Southern hospitality, we protect our land and what's rightfully ours with guns, some of us listen to country, and if you drive through sometimes there's a whole lot of nothing... But if you haven't lived in Tx then you really have no idea. 3 of our major cities are in the top 5 biggest and fastest growing economies in the United States, so to me it's pretty good being a Texan.

IworkAt711 14

#25, is just one of the few TXans who doesn't live and die by the stereotypical "this here is tx and we are our own seceded country now get off my damn property you commie jap"

mahoney94 6

125- please don't insult us all just because you only ever hear of the dumb ones. Texas is the second biggest state in the country. They do not speak for all of us.

I like your Dad. This is exactly what I will do when my daughter starts dating.

GoodLookingGeese 10
wlddog 14

D.A.D.D. Dads Against Daughters Dating. Their T-shirt says, " Kill the first boyfriend and word will spread."

If anyone has a daughter, he should understand this father's feelings. He obviously loves his daughter and wants the best for her.

kishorekumar_a 10

65 - You don't find the best match for your daughter by scaring away all the potential ones. It only makes your daughter cross with you. And don't try saying that the truly brave will approach her after seeing you. I would not call that brave, but stupid.

79 but what if op's boyfriend is a complete douche? Are the fathers actions so "stupid" if that is the case? I can't say I'd be in my boxers but I'll be cleaning my shotgun when a guy comes to pick up my daughter.

kishorekumar_a 10

102 - In that case, I think it's better to have a talk with your daughter before going for the intimidating father routine. Just my thought...

Even if the bf is a douche, you just don't showw your guns to send a message ! that's ******* threatening for no reason. You americans are crazy to think it's acceptable

I agree that a talk probably would have sufficed, but nothing says leave my daughter alone like a 12 guage.

128 Hell yea we're crazy! The best kind crazy there is, and we were freed from tyranny because of it! Let us keep our guns , and you can keep your berets. :D

Yes, word spreads to the local law enforcement and they put your psycho asses in jail where they belong.

moonsalt 20

Haha. My dad is the same way. Good luck to you in the future!

My dad would've done something much worse if my sister was dating, a knife or At least a bayonet would've been involved.

kishorekumar_a 10

I hope you won't be like that in future.

So you're the one who keeps bringing knives to gun fights?! Tsk, Tsk, Tsk, when will you ever learn?

Looks like your dad got what he wanted.

dr_snow_bear 29

That seems about right. Good on your dad for having the self control not to fire a warning shot.