By CatLady - 24/08/2009 13:38 - Canada

Today, my cat head-butted me awake as usual. I reached to pet him, but it wasn't his face I touched. It was the still-twitching corpse of the disemboweled rat he held in his jaws. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 543
You deserved it 4 164

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Wake up, lazy alpha. I've brought you an offering."

Well, where else is he gonna get you a gift? The mall?

Comments

screwtaylor 0

You should give him some of your tuna if you know what I mean. Your cat deserves it after catching Rattouille.

You want me to feel sorry for you because your disgusting animal did what it is its own nature to do? You don't deserve pity, you deserve what you got. If you don't like it, you should let the animal live where it is in its natural state. This unnatural obsession with living in filth with animals is just beyond me.

Actually cats are incredibly clean. They groom themselves and use the litterbox to go to the toilet, which is more than human children are often capable of. If we let cats live 'in their natural state' there would just be a heap of huge, feral cats everywhere.

If your definition of "clean" is "pooping in the house" and "bringing dead animals into my bed," then by all means, enjoy your life. Children grow up, children impact the world after we are gone, leaving a legacy behind of your self as you raised them. Having a child is the ultimate of love and selflessness, creating a sentient and beautiful life that you eventually set free. Having creatures walking aimlessly around your house, on the other hand, is merely a poor substitute. Feral cats? Great, more target practice. No, I don't like these nasty creatures and I make no apologies over it. I don't say that it is not your right to have one, but as far as I'm concerned, its also your right to shoot yourself in the foot. Have at it, do what it takes to make yourself happy, but for heaven's sake, don't go crying to people over the fact that an animal behaves...like an animal.

You don't poop in your house? Where do you do it? The backyard?

annamg 0

Since when does having pets = living in filth? What are you, some PETA freak?

Unregistered 0

Another troll bites the dust

since they shit in your house and you have to bail their shit out with a shovel, that's since when. Maybe you like sleeping next to a dung heap, but I sure don't. And if you're going to make some sort of wisecrack about how children have diapers, once again, let me point out that children grow up and learn to use a toilet. Oh yeah, and children complete your life the way pets never can And for heaven's sake, stop mentioning PETA. I eat meat. Sure, I find it inhumane to take an animal out of the wild, whack off his balls and claws just so you can feel better about not having kids or the fact that nobody loves you, but that's just general principal. I'd still hit a cat with my car if it ran in the street, and boy do I enjoy a tasty burger.

arsenic660 4

I would agree with you to a point but the fact is that pets help people acquire some of the basic ideas they need to raise children. Is it disgusting to sleep by a "dung heap" yes, is it so completely different from your young child going to the bathroom anywhere besides the bathroom no. Obviously your not from PETA but you should really consider taking time for a little introspection since you exhibit certain traits of psychosis (though that's not really the term used anymore but I'm sure you'll find it easier to understand than the broader terms used today). P.S. running cats over on purpose is a crime

letitbe56 0

I suspect sentient is trolling. It's not worth your effort replying to him. Also, you used the term psychosis wrong. Go look it up.

I..ahh...I don't know what "trolling" is. I'm just not ashamed to admit that I don't like to live with animals, and that animals are..well..animals. I find that a lot of animal lovers jump right on my back over the issue, questioning whether I have a soul or am capable of loving my children. Let me assure you, I love my children very much. Just as you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine. Just as you are free to litter your house with flea-bitten pests, I am free to work hard and live in a clean space with my family. Living with an animal that, as a matter of course, for its entire life, poops in a box in your house that you have to clean is very different than changing the diaper of a one year old child. I can also assure you that I have been in the homes of many a cat lover who assure me that "...my cat is different" and that "...my house does not smell like a litter-box." Their entire house, without fail, has smelled like a dirty smelly sandbox. Their cat(s) are no different, they consume food, they produce shit, and they place it (usually) in the box. They scratch and destroy things (because they have to) unless their owners have taken the humane step of chopping the tips of their fingers off. They pee in odd places to mark their territory. Big surprise, they kill other smaller animals and bring them home as offerings. That being said and done, why are people constantly complaining about the fact that their cats' behavior is surprising them? I don't own a cat, and I've been exposed to plenty, and even I read someone posting this as an FML and say "Come on now. People post on here on the worst day of their lives, and this is all you can come up with?" As far as it being illegal to run over a cat, I was instructed (as I am sure you were) that if you are driving along and some animal runs in front of the car, you "..put your hands at 10 and 2, and run them down." The idea being that swerving or slamming your brakes will endanger human lives, your own, your passengers, and the others with whom you share the road. If I were on a deserted farm road, I would try to stop. Only because I don't want to have to clean the car though.

arsenic660 4

letitbe I believe you are right I may have missed the word "a" also i explained it in the parenthesis.

You obviously don't have much affection for cats, but your opinions are a bit exaggerative. many people find these domestic animals a great source of comfort and companionship when they don't want the commitment or don't have the proper situation to have children. the minor mess a cat or dog may make in your home is worth having the natural affection and companionship a pet can provide for someone.

mas91796 0

you act like you cant have both cats are clean animals and they also are compastionate animals you like you're such tough shit killing a cat you have no heart you dont have to have cats if you dont want to but its nescarry to kill a cat you wont kill a person so then you wont kill a cat alright you ******* pussy ohh i forgot you dont like cats. ********

For some reason I read this as "my cat-head butted me awake." WHAT?!

Cupcake10 0

your cat just loves you and wanted you to have a gift:). YDI for getting a cat though.

Aoife 0

The thing that bothers me most about this FML is that the cat head-butted the OP with the rat in its mouth. Odds are, the OP also got a face full of dead rat. My cat leaves them on the doorstep, so I walk on them when I go outside in the morning. It's their way of saying, "Thank you for feeding and loving me. I caught this and I want you to have it. Don't worry, I killed it for you!"

famas48 0

My cat once gave me a ********. True story.

me too! aaaand as soon as I posted, I find you got buried. hmm. maybe I'm the only one then. my cat is a freak.

letitbe56 0

He brought you a present! It means he loves you. I myself once stepped on a disemboweled mouse as I stumbled sleepily into the kitchen. Now THAT'S a rare form of love indeed.

Moonpaper 0

It's not a gift. It's a warning.