By KitKat270 - 28/05/2009 01:40 - Canada

Today, my mom informed me that she wouldn't be joining the rest of the girls in the limo ride to the church for my wedding ceremony because she wants to have her car with her. Why? Because she is planning to leave my wedding reception half way through to go home and take her dog out to pee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 690
You deserved it 4 989

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#2 I'd think that her daughter's wedding is more important than this. If the dog is so important, she should have made plans for someone else to watch the dog that day so she could be there the whole time to support her daughter.

I agree with #13. What's the big deal? Jesus she's not SKIPPING the whole freaking wedding here, there is nothing wrong with going home real quick to let the dog out so he/she doesn't pee all over the house. OP you might need to be less of a Bridezilla.

Comments

Rescinding her invitation to your wedding would obviously give her more time to spend with her precious dog; why don't you just do that?

Shmoopie4 0

Uh...I fail to see how this is a big deal. It would be one thing if she's leaving the ACTUAL WEDDING CEREMONY to let the dog out, but what's the problem with her leaving the RECEPTION for a while? Someone who makes that big of a deal over her mother missing some of the reception isn't mature enough to get married, in my opinion. Grow up, you baby.

learn to lie the limo ride doesnt have anything to do with how early she would have to leave

I kind of agree with a lot of the people here, at least it's just the reception and she's letting the dog out to pee, meaning she'll be back. Suck it up, people have responsibilities and things to do besides you. Just because it's your wedding doesn't mean your mom should have to come home and clean up dog waste when she could leave the reception for 10 minutes to take the dog out.

Maybe the dog is one of those dogs who only lets certain people near it, some dogs are that fussy, I've seen on a dog show once this dog that would only let the mother of the family take it out, anyone else it snapped at, even the woman's husband, maybe her Mum has a dog like that, in which case no one else could let it out (it's a long shot, but I have seen it before)

Wow. This has got to be the stupidest FML ever. Big deal, it's only the reception. But why is she keeping the dog locked up in the house all day? That's kinda cruel. Can't she just get someone to look after it if it's causing such a big problem?

Why is this a big deal? The dog needs to pee and to expect anything else makes you seem like a bitch, not your mother.

coffeennicotine 0

I agree with #2 Get over yourself. Just because you're getting married doesn't mean that people should be cruel to their animals. I honestly can't believe anyone was dumb enough to marry you. Bitch.

I can't believe how much debate is going on here! For many woman this IS a start to a new life. Weddings isn't just, hey we live and **** together now, it's a whole bunch of compromises

I can't believe how much debate is going on here! For many woman this IS the most important part of their life. A start to a new life. Weddings isn't just, hey we live and **** together now, it's a whole bunch of compromises that in the end, the woman usually gets screwed if it doesn't work out, (with most woman being the caretaker and losing most of there work hours and all). And to expect your mother to be there for the entire whole celebration of her daughter being "taken away" is not to much to ask. Sorry animal lovers, a pet should not over rank a human. Get some social skills please.