Creeper alert!

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my boss came over to my desk and struck up a casual conversation about movies. After a while, he sat on the edge of my desk, nodded toward my chest, and said in the same casual, lighthearted tone, "And nice cleavage today. Keep that up." FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 728
You deserved it 13 838

Same thing different taste

Top comments

baydestrian_girl 0

Comments

this whole situation depends on the way it was said and what it exactly it was you were wearing. if he was just trying to make a light joke or something and you were dressed ridiculously slutty then I would say it's kind of your fault. but if you weren't wearing something that slutty (because honestly some shirts show cleavage and really aren't that slutty) and he said it in a way that made you feel uncomfortable then you can claim harassment. and to those of you saying it's her fault are idiots. yes, maybe she shouldn't dress a certain way to work but her boss is an adult and as an adult he knows better than to make comments like that. I'm not saying it's impossible for the women in these situations to be dressed inappropriately but even if they come to work in a bikini it's the men's responsibility to keep their mouths shut. anyone who's ever been accused of sexual harassment and tried to defend themselves with the excuse of "well, she was wearing this..." blah blah blah is a child. grow up and learn to shut up.

Depending on how she is dressed she would probably lose

justme8977 0

Ha. That really sucks. But look at it this way, your boobs are nice. That's a plus. Although you should at least tell him you weren't comfortable with that comment, the report him if he persists

deja54 0

Most people will take light-hearted comments in a light-hearted manner. Doesn't sound like he was hitting on you. Relax.

It was a positive and appreciative remark. If you think any a comment about cleavage is inappropriate at work then put your cleavage away.

I think you should at least say something, and let him know you were uncomfortable.

You can say, "Hey, don't talk about my cleavage, okay?" if it bothers you, because if he persists, you can easily sue him. However, the best thing might just be to remember that your body is beautiful, and there's no reason to hide it.

I'm so glad there is now the option to state your gender when submitting. Otherwise I would be fearful that the boss was talking to a man...