My little friends

By Annonymous - 18/10/2012 14:41 - United States

Today, an exterminator sprayed for cockroaches in my dorm room. After classes I got back to find three large cockroaches on top of my bed. Now that the exterminator has sprayed everything, all the cockroaches are coming out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 442
You deserved it 1 930

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Hey, it's 2012, lady! You can't expect cockroaches to stay in the closet forever.

unknown_user5566 26

Those little buggers are resilient as hell. Have fun playing whack-a-roach!

Comments

unknown_user5566 26

Those little buggers are resilient as hell. Have fun playing whack-a-roach!

They clearly didn't spray right if they are still out.

29 - You'll usually see more bugs after the spraying as they all come out in their death throes, trying to escape the insecticides.

Zoh_Aubrey 8

Unless they fly. When they fly, they now have the one-up on you.

Just call the exterminator back in? If he can spray them when they are already out you might get rid of them for good.

She could just call Tyler the Creator, I'm sure he would eat them for you.

Same thing happened to me, but with spiders. I sprayed the whole basement, later the biggest one came out to the middle of the room. It was like I was fighting the boss at the end of a Nintendo game. I won that last battle, and I haven't seen a single spider on that floor since then.

I'm just imagining the cockroaches shouting out, "nothing will get between us and our love for you!"

FATTY_MCDOOGLE 29

Yeah, usually the spray attracts them, and kills them, or they are just fleeing for their lives.

\ 28

#67 Hopsin eats piles of them, though.

wannabemom 5

Isn't that what the spray is supposed to do?

JellyBalls 18

It is actually a strong sex hormone to encourage them to breed.

La cucaracha, la cucaracha Ya no puede caminar Porque no tiene, porque le falta marijuana para fumar ***This song and "Joe's Apartment" made roaches less scary for me. :P

KiddNYC1O 20

Indeed. It be looking like a roach mass grave.

rawrforlove 7

Cockroaches are freaking indestructible, in my opinion.

PleaseStayChill 9

Ever used a flamethrower on one? I have. It's super-effective. They are most definitely not indestructible.

Pleasestaychill used flamethrower. It's super effective!

lVluse 15

Cockroach's Occa Berry weakened Flamethrower's power!

UltimateGIRness 16

Roaches can survive atomic bombs,so what the heck is in raid

doctorwhofan567 2

Are you stupid? They only survived the same reason rats survived that, they digged deep enough for them to survive.

perdix 29

Hey, it's 2012, lady! You can't expect cockroaches to stay in the closet forever.

Just so she checks her pockets, in case there are still shy ones;)

...so you'd better get that party started

It's a reference to that song by Pink. "I'm coming out, so you better get this party started ..."

metaphoristic 8

75 - How on earth did you manage to decode that?!

winnerme123 8

I'm guessing he/she listens to to much pink.

80 - And you spend too much time being unable to spell correctly. You can't listen to music 'too much'.

Actually, I just watched Nickelodeon a lot as a kid. Pink was on there sometimes, and that song is pretty popular.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I would probably have pissed myself. I hate cockroaches.

RedPillSucks 31

google "Florida man dies after roach eating contest" The roaches will get their revenge, even if it takes a couple dozen of them to do it.

I would have complained to the dorm manager, and slept in a hotel that night. Even if I had a college budget.

missyfiona89 28

"terrified" would have been a better word if you would have "pissed" yourself.

PleaseStayChill 9

At least they aren't poisonous spiders!

Poisonous spiders - can't fly, not that huge. Cockroaches - flies RIGHT at you with those gruesome huge-ass wings and can grow to be almost a foot long!

Hiimhaileypotter 52

22- Tarantulas can be the size of dinner plates... I'm not sure if they're venomous, but in my opinion they're worse than cockroaches!

PleaseStayChill 9

So you're telling me that you'd rather have 3 roaches in your bed than 3 Brown recluses? Those bastards are fast.

PleaseStayChill 9
unknown_user5566 26

9- If there was an infestation of poisonus spiders, I'm pretty sure OP would wait until they were all gone/dead before returning to the room.

I would rather have almost any bug or rodent infestation than to have roaches in my house. Just the thought makes my skin crawl and gives me the urge to stalk up on bug spray. Its ******* disgusting.

That just means they're dying. It'll be a disgusting time and a hell of a mess of dead Roach carcasses to clean up. sorry op. :/

Whenever you spray for roaches they will always come out trying to get away from the poison.

alicexo_fml 8

They're not even supposed to "spray" anything. They sprinkle this dust stuff and put some liquid under the sinks to kill them and keep them out. We just had our house done and the guy told me all this. I haven't seen any since, so he must have known what he was talking about. OP got ripped off.

Actually I'm an exterminator and my sprays work fine. Every company does things a little different.

stedfastwolf 11

That is why I'm glad I live in a new dorm.

doctorwhofan567 2

Just because something is new it doesn't mean it won't be infested.

This is why I enjoying living in my own place that isn't a dorm. Dorms = messy people. Messy people = bugs/insects.

Why? So you get the new cockroaches?

Cath them and hide them in your friend's backpack

free2speak 14

or cath them and make them kith.

#12- Good Idea, maybe if you cath the little buggers they'll get catheter associated UTI and die from the infection...