MY SHIT Do Not Eat!

By you're shitting me - 27/05/2013 05:05 - Australia

Today, after months of tests for mystery nerve pain, I went to get more blood taken only to leave the clinic with an empty tin to collect my bowel movements for the next 72 hours. Which needs to be refrigerated. I live with four other people, with one fridge. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 676
You deserved it 3 263

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#61, for the next 72 hours. I think the problem is not OP, but you and your ability to read.

Comments

You can either buy a small refrigerator and keep in your room or you can tell them about ur situation and wrap the container with something that isnt transparent and label "toxic liquid/solid, dont touch!" Lol .. Wish u a speedy recovery!!

I would store the poo in one of those mini fridges. You can find them really cheap on Craigslist. If anyone asks just say you need to do it for medical reasons.

YeahYeahYeahOK 6

Like, at this point in time, they actually have the spare refrigerator... No matter how cheap. At this point OP has no time (and maybe no money) to mess around with finding a spare refrigerator. Suck it up. Do what you need to do. If the other people rooming with you are friends, they will understand. I hope you get to feeling better soon or at least can find a solution that you can live with. Chronic pain sucks.

I was unaware. Ha, I've learned something from FML for once.

avapaige1234 19

Just sucks. Especially if your poop smells bad, then you have to wrap it in thick layers of smell resealants. FYL

skyeyez9 24

Keep it covered in a gallon sized ziploc bag, plus a couple plastic grocery bags. The smell hopefully will be contained. And the tin covered enough to help stop the mental thought of 3 days worth of shit in your fridge. I wonder if you can keep it in a cooler with dry ice? Away from the fridge?

Instead of using the empty tin they gave you, just use a Dreyer's Chocolate Ice Cream bucket to collect the assets. Then store it back in to the fridge.

In that case, just put the used tin in the Dreyer's Chocolate Ice Cream bucket, with the tin lid open. One of the other flatmates will likely stroll in to the kitchen during the night and start eating without investigating the contents inside.

What hazard would the bucket present if the sample never physically touches any part of it? Storing it in the Dreyer's bucket has two advantages. 1 / No one has to see the disgusting substance stored in the visible, transparent tin. 2 / Some idiot might mistake it for chocolate ice cream and consume it.

CharresBarkrey 15

Those buckets are much larger than an ice cream gallon. It wouldn't fit inside to begin with.