By Anonymous - 29/07/2012 05:27 - United States - Dearborn

Spicy
Today, I learned that if you go through your best friend's phone, you can find sexy texts and nude pictures between him and your girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 047
You deserved it 5 075

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Looks like you need to find a new best friend and a new girlfriend.

Betrys 7

While going through his phone is wrong. At least you know something's going on. I'm sorry man people can be cruel

Comments

Well you probably shouldn't have been going through his phone...

JayRule28 0

There's obviously a good reason for it

Keliosan 6

It might not have been in a bad way at first and he stumbled across something that made him dig deeper. I've looked at the pictures on my best friends phone before, it's not that big of a deal.... unless you find some of your GF I guess..

Ugh, I hate comments like yours. "Yeah, you're cheated on and that's not nice... BUT YOU DESERVE IT FOR SNEEKING AROUND, MOTHAFUCKA!!!" Being cheated on > sneeking around. It's not very respectful to go through someone else's phone, true true, but in all honesty, is there someone on this site who never did it?

Yeah, it could have started out innocently, like looking at some photos of your friend's new dog on your phone. And then when you exit, you catch a glimpse some dick pics in another folder. Happened to me once, it's never fun.

I feel as though with these fml's telling them to not go through someone's stuff is like chastising that kid that tattled. They know not to do it but had no choice.

Had no choice? No no no, sir, you can always leave the cellphone of your mom/dad/brother/sister/partner/friend/... alone. It's just less entertaining to do so.

flutter4 7

Well he probably shouldn't have been sending nude texts to OP's girlfriend

jillybee101 7

Just reading this makes me angry.

AClassActx3 7

Uhm I always follow my instinct to go through a phone. Your guts always right. & if he wasn't meant to go through it he certainly wouldn't of found anything. That was meant for him to see but FYL OP. Shes a ***** & he's not a "best friend". It'll get better.

1) Well, yeah, technically going through someones private things is wrong. But, in this kind of situation, it's both good AND bad. ( That's what I believe to be right.) If Op hadn't looked through his best friend's phone, he wouldn't have found out about his friend's relationship with his own girlfriend.

Actually it is a crime to go through someone's phone and reading their messages. And if he had a hunch that something like that was going on between is gf and friend he should have confronted them.

And they'd have looked him in the face wide eyed and denied it. Come on, let's mix some reality into the story here.

That's a douche thing to say. Like other people said, it could have been completely innocent or he had a reason to look. Either way it doesn't mean he deserves it.

My friends look through my phone just for fun. I don't sext their significant others, so it works out well.

I, for one, would like to see these sexy pictures before I make any judgements

There is no way to innocently look at someone else's texts.

This is why my phone is coded with a complex password with letters, characters, and digits, you never know when someone will pick your phone up and go through it. Whether or not I have anything bad on it I still hate people touching my phone.

No, it's a crime to go through someone's mail. Not their texts. At least in Oklahoma

86: As far as I was concerned it is morally wrong and an invasion of privacy, it isn't illegal. If that were the case, most of us would have had our wrists slapped by now.

86) Well he didn't have a hunch until he went through the phone.

*Raises hand* Uh, I have never, ever, EVER gone through any of my friends phones, not even a little bit. So please, speak for yourself.

KrazyKatz3 26

It's entirely possible he had a very good excuse like he lost his phone and wanted to text his girlfriend. Maybe he even asked his friend. Some people like to take weird photos on people's phones while they're in the bathroom or something and he could have accidentally clicked into the general gallery. Using your best friends phone shouldn't be a big deal.

Looks like you need to find a new best friend and a new girlfriend.

reallytho3 11

Lose two important people in the blink of an eye... FYL

Inheritance 10

I'd keep the phone to show both of them. Then dump your gf and lose this "best friend." Sorry to hear it OP no one should go through that.

52- Make copies of the photos. Send them to your phone. You can't just "keep the phone" because your Girlfriend is cheating on you. Stealing is still stealing.

HowAreYouToday 34

Use the phone copies to blackmail the "best friend" into doing publicly embarrassing things.

You can take a screenshot then email them and say you got the screenshot anonymously

You can take a screenshot then email them and say you got the screenshot anonymously

itsame0987 18

Should have posted the pics of her to Facebook and twitter, as long as they are both 18 or older. (don't want serious criminal charges if you are all underage.) They show up on his accounts, everyone sees them, she gets mad, and you get great revenge. Just don't forget to break up with her after seeing them on his account.

saxetsasnak 5

Just do what I would do, send those pics to her dad. It's both effectively cruel and awkward.

That was thought out pretty quickly, personal experience?

manyourlifesucks 0

84, wtf is the point of that? The person who wasn't supossed to find out was OP. wtf is the point of OP blackmailing him?

Well now you have bribery material from both parties

Woops blackmail, not bribery....you know what I meant....

Keliosan 6

Something tells me that plan is doomed to fail.. Considering OP's friend and GF are both cold enough to do this I don't think they'll care about a blackmail attempt, which makes it ineffective.

Llamacod 11

no you don't, you don't have possession of the pics means no blackmail material

17 - I think they would care if their friends/classmates/etc. were shown the pics, let alone the Internet where everyone can see them and they will never be erased. 18 - if OP is on his friends phone, he could simply send the pictures and screencaps to his own phone.

Keliosan 6

You'd be suprised how shameless people are these days. Even with threat of those following them for life(after being put on the Internet) some don't care. Hell some do it to themselves.

RedPillSucks 31

depends on how old they are. underage sexting could send someone to jail.

Betrys 7

While going through his phone is wrong. At least you know something's going on. I'm sorry man people can be cruel

SnipeFatPeople 6

That sucks man, I'm sorry OP. Break up with her, the only thing this they'll probably end up hooking up :/

Llamacod 11

sounds to me like they've already been hooking up

Llamacod 11

sounds to me like they've already been hooking up

Yeah but even if they get together, she could cheat on him too- once a cheater ... and it's good you found out about her shenanigans before you made a more serious commitment!

CallMeMcFeelii 13

I find the saying "once a cheater always a cheater" to be false. I've made mistakes before and I think most people have also. It doesn't mean if you're in a serious relationship you're gonna bang someone else just because you may have cheated before.

103- I agree with that, though I also think there is a difference between making a mistake, one time thing, drunken hookup, just happened etc., and repeatedly and shamelessly sexting and hooking up with other people when you're in a committed relationship.

borkchop1992 15

Sounds like something i could beat-my-meat to.

hockeyoceancity 13

You have a bad taste in ****... " Oh yeah bitch type out you moaning! Yeah use alot of "!" yeah bitch! More!!!

iiAntheA17 7

What is wrong with you? Just stop. Every comment that I have seen of yours has been thumbed down, & when you attempt to make a joke, they just fail. So, like I said, PLEASE STOP!

Freedom of speech... And why do you care if he does it. Let's be real now.

iiAntheA17 7

31- It is very aggravating! Why are you poking your nose in where it doesn't belong? Hmm?

Steve95401 49

Save your energy #7. You're going to need it tonight to blow up your girlfriend.

38- you're mad that 31 is "poking her nose in" but aren't you doing the same thing to 7? So you can give your opinions of people's comments, but others can't do it to you? If you're going to dish it out, you have to be able to...oh just shut the **** up.

31- Freedom of speech doesn't cover being stupid. Know and UNDERSTAND your rights before you casually fling them around when it's convenient for you.

RedPillSucks 31

sigh, unfortunately freedom of speech does cover stupidity. that's why there's so much of it.

jillybee101 7

38- But you just did the same thing....twice now. One word for you darlin, HYPOCRITE.

31: A couple of things: 1.) This is a French site, not American. Freedom of speech does not apply here. 2.) 97% of the time I see some idiot say "Freedom of speech" on here, they're American. Can someone explain to me why people think their Bill of Rights transfers exclusively to the Internet, something used internationally?

iiAntheA17 7

74- I believe she was trying to make me look ignorant. I do that by myself, but she thinks by bringing in our Constitution, she looks smarter than I.

saIty 17

You have to tell me... was the elephant wearing a little top hat?

Id like to point out that the fml says that if i go through my friends phone i will find sh1t. I checked his phone and theres nothing. Not only is he a liar but nothing bad happened to him. Why **** his life? Apparently my gf is sexting my best friend! Sorry for unrelated reply but the world must know!!!

bojangles2015 4

Says can find, not will find. And it's just phrasing you idiot.

jem970 19

I'm sorry OP, that's awful! You need to dump her and find a new best friend. They both don't care about you and your feelings. You deserve better.

noisebox 1

Seems like every guy's girlfriend is cheating on him, or he's cheating on her ( banging her sister or something) in either case time to ditch them both

RedPillSucks 31

you have to go to mylifeisg to read about people not cheating on their SO.