By frootloops - 21/11/2009 21:44 - United States

Today, I realized that my girlfriend had never said anything about the proposal ring I had put into a box of her Froot Loops. When I hinted it to her, she said that the cereal had expired, so she threw out the box. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 861
You deserved it 27 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sighwonder 0

why would you put it in the cereal man?!

morgan_5230 0

Oh noooo! Maybe you shouldn't put it in Fruit Loops...? Or go dumpster diving, there may still be time! :D

Comments

wow it's people like you that make this website way less legit and funny than it used to be. This is obviously fake people. He may be an idiot for thinking of a story like this and posting it because he thinks it's original, when it's actually a classic....but he is NOT enough of an idiot to actually put a proposal ring in a cereal box. You people are all also mentally challenged for posting the same comment "why did u put a ring in a box of fruit loops" over and over again.

morgan020 0

I hate it when guys think it's cool to put engagement rings in food. it's becoming so cliche and ridiculous. can you not come up with any other way to surprise her than by making her choke or break a tooth? and don't go put it on a scoreboard at a ball game or at a fancy restraunt either come up with something original that will make everyone else seem like a tool for not thinking of it first.

strawberryswirl 0

What does it take these days for a guy to just look a girl in the eye and say the words? All these ridiculous, easily ruined plans won't cause anyone to say yes.

FlaminYawn 0

who ******* agreed with this? weakest proposal ever.

morgan020 0

well it's kinda corny but it was really sweet but my husband had Santa clause come to the house Christmas morning (it was his best friend dressed up like Santa) and Santa gave me a big pink box out of his bag and inside that box was another box and about 4-5 boxes later was a jewelry box and my husband got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. it may be silly but it was very sweet. it caught me off gaurd and was really romantic :)

a_nix777 0

****** liar. Everyone knows cereal doesn't expire.

dudeitsdanny 9

Yes it does. Takes a while, but it does.

you really ought to have put it in something she eats like daily, if it's something that she took long enough to eat that she would believe it was expired then it's not even cute, just random and exceptionally bizarre

Alright I think the whole Idea of putting a ring in food is stupid. But if that's your deal thats all cool. Really tho. If you're gonna go with the food angle make sure you are with her and its in the food she's currently eating. Don't drop it in a ******* box of cereal. Im sorry dude but YDI!

You idiot. Why didn't you propose face to face?

icedrake523 2

Didn't think someone could think of something lamer than putting it in a champagne glass. Congrats on setting a new low. FYL for losing it, but YDI for thinking of doing it that way.