By frootloops - 21/11/2009 21:44 - United States

Today, I realized that my girlfriend had never said anything about the proposal ring I had put into a box of her Froot Loops. When I hinted it to her, she said that the cereal had expired, so she threw out the box. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 861
You deserved it 27 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sighwonder 0

why would you put it in the cereal man?!

morgan_5230 0

Oh noooo! Maybe you shouldn't put it in Fruit Loops...? Or go dumpster diving, there may still be time! :D

Comments

jessrose321 0

Hey buddie, I'm just saying... I'm a girl, and I'm young.. but I've found my love and i'd think it's lame if he put my special ring in a box of cereal. That's kinda disrespectful. I would still say yes though, because I would care about you, but still.. if you want this to be a memorable romantic night, the day I knew we were going to spend the rest of our lives together, I would definately make it perfect. Like sunset, dinner, movie, anything... is it that hard to go down on one knee. You only have to do it once in your life.

Oh, it could have been worse. You could have proposed to her with an expired fruit loop as a ring. But still, she could have easily not noticed the ring even if she opened it, so YDI.

I would never do anything as retarded as this, but my gf would probably love to find a ring in her cerial, random, cute and funny not to mention bizzare is her thing so i suppose the OP was just trying to make his smile, im assuming that because other wise hes an idiot beyond comparison. Quick dude hurry, you might be able to get it out the trash, then hide it in her coffee powder or inside an egg!

I would totally marry a guy who hid a ring in an egg, with it's shell on of course.

Maybe people should stop putting engagement rings in food.

Both FYL and YDI. First off, the fact that you lost the ring, yeah that really sucks. But why would you put it in her cereal? Most of the time at breakfast some people are hardly awake. AND, what if it had fallen to the end of the box? She wouldn't have found it until a long time later. So I voted both.

why doesnt anyone propose the good old fashioned way?? just get down on ur damn knee and be a ******* man about it and you wont look like a douchebag when she unknowingly throws away the ring.. YDI jackass

startafire 0

Aww, it was a cute idea! The ring was the prize in the cereal box! I hope you find it. :(

Putting the ring in the cereal box was a fail UNLESS you also put a sticker on the box saying "Special surprise inside!" Then it's pure genius.

Awww, you poor guy. That is a cute idea. If you're lucky, it's still safe inside the box, amongst the stale oats, rather than amongst the rest of the trash. Froot Loops, Cheerios, etc is a genius idea, actually. They're RINGS. She got a ring in her rings! ...but don't use Spaghetti O's. Ninja's (69) got a point, too. Make sure it says "prize inside!" or she'll drop it in the milk. Not so bad, but not so great either. Everyone is so cruel to people who try to break away from the rest of the mindless sheep. It's great to get a unique proposal someone put thought into. Any idiot can drop down and smile, takes a REAL MAN (or woman) to actually think of something they believe their partner would love (meaning, y'know, pay attention or take their likes into consideration....) And I'm assuming she loves her Froot Loops. I used to, too, but now not so much. .... You know, as bad as these FMLs turn out for the OPs, I find them some nice ideas for the future. They also give me ideas as to what to watch out for, such as expired boxes durrhurr.

You have strange ideas of romance, OP. There's really nothing wrong with doing something more traditional. YDI for going over the top.