By Jebus - 07/06/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, I walked to Starbucks. On the way a homeless guy asked me for change and I lied and said I had no money. On my way back, Strawberry Frappuccino in hand, the same guy recognized me. He followed me for 3 blocks, swearing and yelling at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 137
You deserved it 60 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're not obliged to give your money to a bum anyway!

Haha. This happened to me once, just keep on walking and drop a couple of quarters to keep him occupied while you make an escape.

Comments

umm #58, you're an idiot, it's his fault he's in that situation and OP, you should've told him you used a credit card

sucks that he yelled at you, but i never give money to homeless people... i work hard for my money, and when I have extra, I give to legitimate charities. Good for you for not handing out cash to people... you never know what they'll do with it...

Giving money to a charity that will help the homeless is a very good idea. That also eliminates the problem of a few peopke spending the money on drugs or alcohol. Charities will buy food or help them in other ways.

Yatta_fml 0

What's with all the idiots here saying to spare a dollar? You're not obligated to give your money to homeless people. It's not selfish. If you live in a large city it can be filled with homeless people, you can't give them all money, a lot of them would spend on drugs or something anyway. If you really want to do something for a homeless person, give them food.

BulldogQB4 0

Idk why you say FML. Walk a different route. Or tell the dude to **** off and get a job.

Strawberry frappucino? That sounds awful.

xsuicidal_memori 0

I know right bleh I hate strawberry anything <_<

Hey for all he knows, you could have paid with a card! That jackass. FYL.

Eresbel 0

You don't owe him anything. This isn't to say that homeless people are all bums, but clearly that guy was unhinged.

aboveandbeyondav 0

I love strawberry frappuccinos! Extra whip, mmmm.

NickelPhosphate 0

You should have told him you would call the cops.

laurisshnazzy 0

58: Giving him cash does not equate his life. Chances are he'll use it for drugs anyway. So yes, I would say I value coffee more than a bum getting high or drunk. I would've done the same, OP. He deserves nothing from me. I work for my money, he should too.