By KitKat270 - 28/05/2009 01:40 - Canada

Today, my mom informed me that she wouldn't be joining the rest of the girls in the limo ride to the church for my wedding ceremony because she wants to have her car with her. Why? Because she is planning to leave my wedding reception half way through to go home and take her dog out to pee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 690
You deserved it 4 989

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#2 I'd think that her daughter's wedding is more important than this. If the dog is so important, she should have made plans for someone else to watch the dog that day so she could be there the whole time to support her daughter.

I agree with #13. What's the big deal? Jesus she's not SKIPPING the whole freaking wedding here, there is nothing wrong with going home real quick to let the dog out so he/she doesn't pee all over the house. OP you might need to be less of a Bridezilla.

Comments

It sucks, but I'm sure shes coming back.

She's coming back though right? It's not like she's missing the ceremony just a bit of the reception, which isn't the most important thing ever, it's just a party... Relax...If you get all stressed about every little bit of your wedding you won't enjoy it at all, sad way to spend the supposedly 'happiest day of your life'

You sound a little selfish. It's not like she's going to miss the ceremony. Maybe she couldn't find anyone to take the dog out for her.

What? This is the worst FML ever, nothing applies, I just want to vote "You're a self centered drama queen" but no such option exist. It's your _reception_, she'll see all the ceremony (Which is what counts, really) and she'll be there to greet the guest, and she'll most likely come back again.

Grow a pair! Oh noooo my wedding /emo /wrist Your mom will be back and she wouldn't have missed anything important.

shaunaaaa 0

#35 lets have your parent leave your wedding for a pet and see how you like it its a very special event for the person, i guess

taka3000000o 8

Lets see you hold in your piss or shit because of someone else's wedding

nicoler 0

its not that shes just missing 20 min of the reception, she isnt riding in the limo and everything with everyone else either my mom is skipping the majority of my graduation this year so her dogs can pee. it does suck

What else do you expect? It's not like she's going to miss the ceremony or something. A dog can't go a whole day without taking a walk. He can't go to the toilet just like us people. So your overreacting.

#37 (shaunaaaa) - I would totally understand it then because i have pets aswell.

I think sometimes people lose sight of what a wedding is, it's not about expensive dresses, flowers, a big party, photographers, cake, limos etc. It's about showing someone that you love them so much you want to spend forever with them, all the 'stuff' associated with it is immaterial and unneccessary. For the half hour or so that your Mum is gone you probably wouldn't notice if she didn't tell you as you'd be talking to other guests anyway. I'm sure she'll be back in time for your Dad's embarassing speech about things you did when you were younger.