Backhanded

By Anonymous - 02/07/2012 05:47 - United States - Gainesville

Today, my mother-in-law said I wasn't the type she expected her son to marry, as he's always dated cheerleaders and model types. I must have looked offended, so she added, "I mean they weren't smart like you." So, I might be smart but I'm the ugliest girl my husband has ever been with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 496
You deserved it 3 169

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Intelligence and personality are better than looks any day.

AliceLockehart 18

Why do looks matter? As long as your both happy, that's what's important :).

Comments

Or he didn't want a boggle head anymore :)

urgh I hate it how women see or hear stuff that isn't there. My ex now knows that doesn't really work for me.

KiddNYC1O 20

Don't dwell on it. In his eyes I'm sure you're the most beautiful in the world.

Don't worry op! Being less attractive is good character building :) pretty girls are usually pretty bland to be honest..

The_F3rris 11

Well...at least she didnt say you were stupid!

sommergirl16 3

Dont worry im pretty sure she didnt mean it harshly

"you so pretty... Like moooodel or cheerleaaaaada, someting pretty." But seriously, in laws can be such bitches.

pavlovaaLOVE 7

Atleast your husband isn't as shallow as she is!

There are two types of girls: ones that men want to marry and ones that men just want to date. Luckily, you fell under the marriage category. You have to put things into perspective.

Don't worry about it, OP. Beauty isn't everything. Many different types of people get married... Fat people, skinny people, tall people, short people, people with scars, people with stretch marks, people with diseases, people who are missing limbs and/or organs, people who are pretty, people who are "ugly", etc. Why? Because despite what society and Hollywood wants us to believe, everybody has different tastes. Not everybody finds Brad Pitt or Megan Fox attractive (even though they are often touted as being "the most attractive people in the world"). Heck, my own husband would be considered conventionally unattractive by many people, but I don't care because he is perfect to me, and I wouldn't trade him for 100 Brad Pitts. And tbh, I'd rather look at his unique features than someone with a so-called "perfect" face that can be seen everywhere on TV. Sorry for the long comment...but your husband obviously saw something in you that he didn't see in the other women he dated. He looked at you and thought to himself "this is the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with" and that makes you special to him OP...regardless of what your mother in law says!

ferrousWheel 6

your husband has a lovely wife. As for the Brad Pitt part, I assume you mean the Brad Pitt of 10 years ago. I imagine a lot of women wouldn't trade their men for him now. Have you seen him lately? He looks bloated and weird.