Not a laughing matter

By Anonymous - 26/02/2014 09:31 - United States - Las Vegas

Today, on Facebook, someone wrote a status implying that she was going to kill herself. I called a mutual friend, asking to check up on her. The next status the girl puts up said, "Someone thought I was going to commit suicide! Haha what a loser!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 230
You deserved it 4 956

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Authoress14 15

So you're still friends with her why?

Comments

Irishopoly19 9

This is why some people stop caring about others and stop trying to help.

You did the right thing. That person needs to be grateful that there are people who care enough about her to check up on her.

Reminds me of the story of the little boy who cried wolf. Next time cross your fingers and just hope natural selection takes it's course.

Attention ****** on Facebook? Shocking. I feel bad for you OP. Your concern for another human was taken as a weakness by a child.

Hey, don't let that second status bug you. She's just a nitwit and you're a good person for looking out for others. Thank you for doing the right thing. :) There are lots of people out there that wouldn't say anything.

ileenefudge 29

She's one of those stupid bitches who thinks this kind of shit is funny. She likes the attention. You did the right thing, but people will tire of that game of hers fast if she does it again and when she is ignored, she will find something worse or equally as bad so people start giving attention to her again.

Don't let that stop you if someone else posts something similar - better safe than sorry. You did the right thing

I was texting with a friend's friend a few years ago who said they were depressed and wanted to kill himself. Then said he was putting wires in a powerpoint but nothing was happening, then he stopped texting. So I called the police and sent them around to check up on him, and turns out the bastard was making it all up. Some people really need to grow up and stop being stupid bloody dickheads.

She sounds like she is an attention seeker. Good on you for trying to help.