By Physics fail. - 11/11/2009 19:09 - United States

Today, I finished up my physics project. I had to make some thing out of toothpicks and glue that will keep an egg from breaking when dropped 20 feet. It took me 10 hours to make it, but only took my dad 10 seconds to step on it and break it. It's due tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 756
You deserved it 4 699

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LemonFairy 0

FAIL people. Re-read the FML. It's for physics, and must be made of toothpicks and glue. Toothpicks and glue. Have that key fact down? Good.

Comments

If your dad stepping on it crushed it, it's sure as shit not going to survive a 20 foot fall. Redesign!

Erindub 0

My stinken comment got deleted! WTF?! FML! : )

perdix 29

If you are stupid enough to leave it right where you dad could step on it, you are too stupid to design a working egg protector. Just take your egg in class and smash it on the wall. It will be more fun than suffering the humiliation of having your device fail and the end result would be the same.

You can re-do it really quickly, just construct the whole thing out of foam this time. Every egg-drop I've had to do has taken the weight of the delivery system into account and foam is perfect because it's lightweight, will elastically deform to stresses when it hits the ground, and it will help absorb some of the shock from impact. If it really has to be done from toothpicks and glue, try using a hot glue gun instead of say, elmers, (it should provide a better hold and go more quickly since it will set in a matter of seconds rather than minutes) and quickly reassemble your earlier design. Just keep it up on a shelf and don't let your dad near it this time!

Easiest way is just to tape a bunch of balloons together and stick the egg in the middle, works perfectly just secure it carefully

Don't leave important shit lying around the house! If you want a quick project fix, just get two thick chunks of foam rubber, hollow out a half-egg shape on wach side, put the egg in, tape or glue it together and you're gold. its how i passed mine. I guess you'd have to stick a couple toothpicks in it tho.

1) why is it on the floor? 2) why does your dad take one step every 10 seconds? You fail on multiple levels. gf.