By me - 14/01/2012 01:38 - United States

Today, I met my son for the first time since I had to put him up for adoption over two decades ago. I wanted to make amends and get to know him. Instead, all I got to know was how well he can throw a punch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 208
You deserved it 57 067

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're right, he should've left him in a dumpster.

Comments

I honestly don't see why the OP deserves this.... He made the responsible desision to put his son up for adoption, instead of raising him, where he may not have had the financial means to care for his child... I'm sorry about your son punching you.... I can understand his frustration, but perhaps you can try making ammends with him soon? Good luck.

beebeeL 1

How the hell is that a YDI you idiots don't know this person's story. Trolls.

audiophileMom 11

What exactly did you expect, OP?

My father was adopted. He was raised by loving foster parents and never felt bad about being adopted. 48 years later his birth mother managed to get a hold of him only for him to find out she had cancer. She died a month later. We found out she gave him up because she'd made some bad decisions and was living on the street, unable to care for a child. There is more to adoption stories than right or wrong. I'm sorry your son didn't give you a chance op. hopefully he warms up to you.

You can have your reasons fir adoption but i think even at a young age you should still be involved in their life otherwise its like you never gave a crap to begin with

serves. you right. im adopted and i would have done the same thing

WitchyArmyWife00 0

Because abortion would have been better right?

Reminds me of the Johnny Cash song A Boy Named Sue.

they should just be glad they weren't aborted

Clamcreepy 7

Nothing says "I miss you" like "I'll see you in court"

hewdud 0