By me - 14/01/2012 01:38 - United States

Today, I met my son for the first time since I had to put him up for adoption over two decades ago. I wanted to make amends and get to know him. Instead, all I got to know was how well he can throw a punch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 208
You deserved it 57 067

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're right, he should've left him in a dumpster.

Comments

you people are insane. u think he gave up his son like it was nothing. more than likely it was a tough decision n he did what was best for his kid. i dont blame him for wanting to reconnect. i mean sure he cant be a parent but he can at least see how his son turned out! jeez have some empathy u soulless jerks

Having been adopted myself, I know how the kid feels. My birth mom lost me to her own addictions and selfishness. I haven't had contact since I was two. Went in and out of foster care until I was 7 when I was adopted. Had some tough teenage years, but I learned. I looked for my birth mom and I found her but I've chosen not to pursue a relationship with someone who is still being selfish.

I was adopted myself and hold no grudge against my birth parents. perhaps maybe it was something OP said. I wish you the best of luck with reconnecting with your child OP :)

Sorry OP you gave him up no matter what the circumstance you gave up all right to contact him. Don't after somebody else possibly multiple people brought him up expect to waltz back into his life. Forget your son all that links you now is DNA you no longer have the right to call him your son. (oh and if you can't tell nerve well and truly struck)

Meeting your parents for the first time can be tough. Hopefully your realtionship will get better as you get to know him more.

My dad wanted nothing to do with me as a child, now he is not allowed to be at my funeral. If he didn't want to be there for my childhood, he doesn't get to pretend he cared as an adult. I have a 7 year old daughter and NOTHING would keep me away from her.

How are there so many people saying YDI? Sometimes the best thing a person can do for their child is give them to a safe home to a couple who wants a child and can take care of it completely. Obviously we don't know OP's situation but just because he put his kid up for adoption doesn't make him a bad person. He could have saved that kid from a lot of hardship and pain.

I'm about to go see my dad for the first time in my life. I'm 20. And I don't plan on punching him at all. I plan on figuring out what happened why it happened and of I can or cant have a relationship with him now.