By Nanny - 30/04/2009 17:42 - United States

Today, I was babysitting a 4 year-old with a speech impediment. I asked her, "Do you got your bag?" And she said, "No. I have my bag. Babies say got. I'm a big girl." I am 20 years old and in the honors program in my college. I was corrected by a 4 year-old with a speech impediment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 205
You deserved it 102 032

Same thing different taste

Top comments

just because she has a speech impediment and is 4 doesn't mean she's dumb stop thinking so highly of yourself, ya dick.

thats ur fault u shouldnt speak like a moron

Comments

So go kill yourself. At least that'll ensure you won't post another obnoxious FML.

jnic 0

... honors program at community college? also, wow, ******** on people with speech impediments. NICE, you're a winner.

jewel_505 0

since when does a speech impediment have anything to do with intelligence?? so basically, you're 20 years old and go to "college" and "make honors" yet you haven't learned BASIC grammar that even 4 year olds sunderstand. you are a failure. i would LOVE to know what "college" you go to...

#40 doesn't realize that community colleges are just as respectible as other colleges and universities. Many people use the CC as a starting off point and transfer to a larger college. Please don't put down community colleges as not having decent grammer standards. #118 is an ignorant racist.

for those who say "well shes probably just learning grammar and likes to correct people"....you don't LEARN that, if you are a native english speaker you know that the sentence is "do you have your bag". Non-native english speakers would need to learn that but the little girl just knows, as should you.

mcsnelly 5

I DEFINITELY agree w/ most ppl on here....seriously? Do you not understand how to talk? And it's even dumber to do it if it was on purpose to "talk down" to a child. And speech impediment means it is hard to make certain sounds. NOT that they do not know how to speak correctly.

nonynony 0

A speech impediment has nothing to do with one's ability to use proper grammar. And yeah, you shouldn't speak incorrectly around kids. I used to teach English as a second language in Asia, and it's the same idea. Lots of teachers speak incorrectly to their students, thinking that it makes them easier to understand, which is just silly. All it does is give kids/students an incorrect model. Speak properly!