By Anonymous - 10/08/2010 16:34 - United States

Today, I woke up to find a tick stuck to my eyelashes. The only way I know of to get it off is with fire. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 455
You deserved it 6 916

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MusicXisXii 0

Fire is how you kill them. You can get them off with tweezers. Just make sure you don't leave ANY part of the tick inside of your skin or on your eyelash or whatever.

Comments

lopezzz 0

I wish FML would illustrate this one. Sorry OP. :/

Eyelashes? You mean eyelid? Because ticks can't bite into eyelashes as far as I'm aware.

do you not clean your bed or eye lashes, that's gross

The only way you know to get it off is with fire? Go see a doctor for god's sake!

dude you need good tweezers and you jyst put them over a flame then grab it. it will come out easy and u will be able to hold it instead of it rampant in ur floor or whatever.

I actually would like an answer to the question. I've never seen a tick in my life, and no-one I've ever know has ever had a tick. A couple of people I know have owned dogs that had ticks, but they definitely didn't burrow under the skin, is the OP talking about a different species of tick?

xbabykgurlyx 0

fyi rubbing it could break the body away from the head and if it has already burrowed its head, your at a major risk for diseases and infections...And same if you just "grab it with tweezers and pull it out." Best bet is to put vasaline where he has burrowed his head and wait a minute for it to back out, then pull it. Ive worked in a doctors office for years in New England where ticks are VERY common, this is what we do, this is what we tell the patients to do. Dont listen to anything other than that...

I think the person who wrote this meant to say "stuck to my eyelid"... not eyelash. And fire isn't the only way to get it off... Just go see a doctor instead of burning your eye, or removing it improperly (if you tear it, and a piece remains embedded in you, it will become infected...)

Tweezers, idiot. Who uses fire to get ticks off? If you use tweezers though make sure you get the whole tick out, if you leave the head in there it can keep poisoning you and get infected.

fire is for leeches. you can just Pull the ticks off